Silk's natural warmth for cold times
This winter weight is perfect for those who are sensitive to the cold or for a cold room. Silk duvets is great option for people who suffer from hot flashes. It is a natural fiber that doesn't conduct heat or static electricity, keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter while maintaining your natural body temperature. It naturally absorbs moisture away from your skin while you sleep, keeping you dry and comfortable. Silk is naturally resistant to dust-mites and is hypoallergenic.
Cleaning silk-filled duvets is not usually recommended. Silk naturally repels dust, dirt, dust mites, moths, mildew and odours. If you have to clean it, the affected area only may be delicately hand washed using lukewarm water and the Eucalan soap
Silk duvets are a luxury item and they do require more special care than duvets with other fillings. Please note that frequent washing may damage the layering system of the silk comforter, so it is not recommended to wash the silk comforter unless it is absolutely necessary.
- The duvet must always be used with a removable duvet cover for protection.
- A properly covered silk duvet should not require cleaning under normal conditions of use
- The duvet should never be dry cleaned, machine washed; hand washed in its entirety, wrung or tumbles dried.
- We recommend that the duvet should be regularly aired for a maximum of 1 hour out of direct sunlight but in warm dry conditions.
- Any washing of the duvet will cause it to lose some of its natural properties.
- Localised spillages can be treated by immediately wiping the affected area with a clean white damp cloth. If the spillage has penetrated through to the silk floss, the affected area onlymay be delicately hand washed using lukewarm water (maximum 30º Centigrade) and a non-biological detergent suitable for washing woollens, and thoroughly rinsed using cold water. Excess water can be removed by gently squeezing the two faces of the duvet together. The duvet must never be wrung or tumble dried. The duvet must then be allowed to dry thoroughly naturally, lying flat.